Re: [NTLK] Word docs to eMate (was: eMates for sale $99 update)

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 10:30:49 EDT

There are a couple of things that are very important here that you have
already done. Tinkering with the port speed in NCU while attempting to
transfer (working from lowest speed up until it doesn't work is what most
people recommend). Also breaking your document into smaller segments is
helpful too. The third issue is the format that you've saved in, try saving
as either RTF first before importing as NewtonWorks doc, and saving as plain
text before just doing a regular text import.

It goes without saying that you need to have enough available storage space
on your eMate for the documents you wish to import.

I've also increased the required memory for NCU on my desktop machine (mine
is Macintosh) equal to the total amount of memory on my eMate. This is done
so the app doesn't choke when backing up. But it can't hurt to have it set
high in any operation.

Good luck,

Ken Whitcomb