Re: [NTLK] To think what could have been....

From: Vernon LeMoignan (arrow_at_oanet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 01:08:14 EDT

I think part of the obsession we have for our little green friends has to do
with our desire to bring to fruition the potential the newt has. We just
can't believe it was left uncompleted and abandoned.

It has it's shortcomings, but the idealism of it's creators shine through
and we can't resist taking up the cause.

The Newt is what a PDA is supposed to be , without compromise.

 Being out here in the PDA wilderness may be a little frustrating sometimes,
but there is a kind of thrill in discovering some long lost package that
does just the right thing or digging around archives resurrecting long lost
ideas.

I am proud to use a tool that was crafted with forethought and pride. I
refuse to let the great ideas that brought it to life, go to waste.

besides, it's kind of like cheering for the underdog.

There is nothing cooler than surfing to a Newton acting as a web server. The
day after I saw that I was on E-bay tracking down a 2100.

Newton's are just plain cool!