Re: [NTLK] Best way to prep card for ejection?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 01:52:47 EDT

>Fastest way I've seen (and used) on a MP2xK is to hit 'reset' then pop the
>card as the newt reboots (Courtesy of Paul G and his early ATA card
>drivers - one of those simple things yuou never think of yourself.....:-)

Well, I suggest to not do that. Of course, it's your data and you've
got the right to lose it (there are easier ways, though, cf
http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB2e, and be
sure to have the PC cards in when doing that to be sure to toast
them).

Even if Newton storage (linear and ATA) is transactional and you
shouldn't lose any data, it's generally not a good idea as there may
be software not doing atomic changes, there can also be some problems
with changes not saved.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/