[NTLK] AW: 2100 memory chips

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 03:17:16 EST

There war the following posting in october:
I still have a few Newton 2100 memory upgrades available if anyone is
interested. I send the upgrades the same day as payment is received.

Details are as follows;

Newton 2000 Upgrade Chips
Australia AUST $55.00 including postage (o/night delivery)
ROW US$25.00 + postage

POSTAGE (I am happy to do it either way but would rather do insured as it is
traceable)

USA/Canada
Insured Airmail AUST$11.50 (US$5.50)
No insurance but still airmail AUST$ 1.50 (US$ 0.75c)

UK/Ireland/Germany/Rest of Europe
Insured Airmail AUST$12.50 (US$6.25)
No insurance but still airmail AUST$ 1.50 (US$0.75c)

New Zealand Insured Airmail AUST$9.50
No insurance but still airmail AUST$1.00

I am happy to accept cheques, money orders and COD within Australia. PayPal
is preferred for all overseas transactions.

My PayPal details are as follows; chris.dean_at_curtin.edu.au and please
remember to include a postal address :)

My address for all other Chip orders is;
Christopher Dean
86 Kitchener Road
Alfred Cove WA 6154 AUSTRALIA

But to do the replacement yorself you will definitely need:
a) a lot of experience in soldering SMD parts
b) the right tools
there is first the problem to solder the old chips out WITHOUT damaging the PCB, and than the easier part to solder the new chips in.
You definitely risk to kill your Newt.
I do not know where you are located, but in germany they still offer the service to do that upgrade for you.

Cheers
Johannes