Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 01:21:49 EST

What's nice about Yahoo.com is that they give you 6mb
of storage free and they don't put restrictions on
what your email name can be...When I originally wanted
the "tech_ed" name, I tried all the big names, Excite,
Bigfoot, AOL, MSN...none would give me a name with the
word "tech" in it because they thought I would use the
address to impersonate one of the services technical
people. Only Yahoo allowed me to use the word "tech"
in my email address. And unlike MSN, I have never lost
ANY email in my yahoo account (and I reguarly go over
my 6mb limit...sometimes as high as 7.5mb!) I guess
I've been a Yahoo email user for the last 8 years
now...never once had a problem!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- BK <bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:52 , Eric L.
> Strobel wrote:
>
> > Although, if I can't get to Yahoo, then I'm
> certainly not going to
> > resubscribe using a Yahoo address, and so the
> potential solution doesn't
> > work.
>
> Yes and no.
>
> Yes, 'cause without your cable working you can't get
> to your Yahoo
> mailbox.
>
> No, 'cause even without your cable working the
> messages won't bounce and
> will be waiting for you in your Yahoo mailbox for
> later pickup while you
> sort out a new arrangement to get back online.
>
> So, signing up with Yahoo (or Mac.com or whatever
> other such service)
> now would buy you some time at the very least and if
> you get all too
> thirsty for your Newtontalk messages you could
> always find an internet
> cafe, log in to Yahoo and use the web interface to
> access your mail
> account.
>
> rgds
> BK