Re: [NTLK] Potential for large number of bounced messages?

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 21:28:54 EST

On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:52 , Eric L. Strobel wrote:

> Although, if I can't get to Yahoo, then I'm certainly not going to
> resubscribe using a Yahoo address, and so the potential solution doesn't
> work.

Yes and no.

Yes, 'cause without your cable working you can't get to your Yahoo
mailbox.

No, 'cause even without your cable working the messages won't bounce and
will be waiting for you in your Yahoo mailbox for later pickup while you
sort out a new arrangement to get back online.

So, signing up with Yahoo (or Mac.com or whatever other such service)
now would buy you some time at the very least and if you get all too
thirsty for your Newtontalk messages you could always find an internet
cafe, log in to Yahoo and use the web interface to access your mail
account.

rgds
BK