[NTLK] P-USB x SER001

From: Fábio Palma (newton.pda_at_terra.com.br)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 15:03:48 EST

I want to put a dot in this discution. SER-001 and the P-USB are'nt similar hardware parts, each one have an objectve. Like David wrote on his site "The SER-001 is a small circuit that fits inside the MP2x00 and removes the need for the unwieldy serial adaptor (Dongle)...". The P-USB is'nt a dongle kiler. It is an USB port on our newts. It's impossible to icrease the serial speed without any changes in the hardware, in this point o view P-USB is like SER-001, both are add-ons to our machines. But with de P-USB maybe will be possible to atacch printer directly to Newt.

About SER-001, David Huphreys are the best person to talk about (I don't know how it works).

But if you want more explanations about P-USB e-mail me at newton.pda_at_terra.com.br

Kind regards,

Fabio Palma