Re: [NTLK] Where can I get JSuite?

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 03:13:52 EST

On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 04:16 , Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Thanks, that was fine! I don't know any Japanese, so I don't feel the
> need
> for this.

Fair enough. Although I'd say, if you have enough memory it may still be
worth while having, just in case you run into a Japanese web site or
something and want to print it, or you do business with Japanese people
and let them write their name in Kanji into our Newton. Makes for a
lasting impression, which is often the key to a long term business
relationship with the Japanese.

I always kept Japanese, Chinese and Korean fonts on my Mac even though I
hardly use Chinese or Korean (can't even read Korean). When I went to
Africa, I loaded Arabic fonts even though I couldn't read them. But then
again, on a desktop or notebook one can easily afford to "waste" space
for that kind of thing.

> BTW, what 'BK' stands for?

My initials. My first name is benjamin. No, I am not Japanese, just in
case you wondered ;-)

I have tried all sorts of anti spam measures. What turned out to work
best is to use a custom account for each mailing list I subscribe to,
i.e. bk_newtontalk. Then if spamming should occur, I block everything
that doesn't have a particular keyword in the subject, i.e. [NTLK] and
my general purpose email account remains unaffected and the
blocking/filtering occurs on some server somewhere else. It also helps
when travelling: on my iBook I don't usually check the mailing list
accounts, instead I might check them over the web from some internet
cafe. Yahoo, gives you free email with POP access if you opt in to a
weekly commercial email message related to an area of your choice (i.e.
travel).

rgds
BK