Re: [NTLK] [OT] U.S. Military Weather Balloons

From: rminton_at_commscope.com
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 09:00:56 EST

>*For the culturally illiterate, Rover was the name of the freaky
>white bouncy globe thingy in the BBC television show The Prisoner. It
>was just a weather balloon**... but somehow they managed to make it
>really menacing.

> **Actually, they used several *thousand* weather balloons during
>the filming of the 17 episodes.

The Brits have always had a knack for making the common seem menacing (Hammer
films made some incredible stuff over the years).

Just think of how good the actors have to be when they need to look afraid of
something that keeps popping all the time. Actually, come to think about it, I
would look a bit nervous if things kept blowing up in my face with no warning.