Re: [NTLK] Developers: Have you considered porting Gecko?

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 06:52:03 EST

> David Orriss Jr wrote:
>
> > Gecko is the rendering engine that is the core of Mozilla. Have any of
the
> > developers here considered making a new browser that sits on that
> > engine? I'd pay money for that....

    It's curious, one active programmer/supporter of Mozilla, Mike
Pinkerton, was very involved in programming the newton while studying at
Georgia Tech. Look for my previous post about LlamaTalk for examples.

    He can be found IIRC at #mozilla on the server irc.mozilla.org with
nick pinkerton.

    You could ask him about the possibilities of doing this port.

Daniel Padilla