[NTLK] NTK plus OS X.1 serial port - how?

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 04:26:35 EST

        A week or two ago, I saw a neat message go by that I should have
saved. Grotting through the Newtontalk searchable archive failed to turn
it up (alas).

        Someone sent in a short message that said they ran a USB-to-serial
adapter plus a third-party application that created an imaginary serial
port in the OS, which NTK was then able to use. It was not a Keyspan
adapter, and as best I recall, the application was third-party and not
associated with the adapter manufacturer.

        Does anybody recall this message? What were the details?

        Thanks!

Mike O'Brien