[NTLK] Re - Rechargeable batteries in MP2K

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 18:23:15 EST

> I used to have an MP2K which I could just plug in and it would recharge.
> I thought that this was just a matter of having 4 rechargeable AA
> batteries in the battery holder but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Right. The battery holder lacks an additional contact to which a resistor
is attached inside the battery pack. For details see the hardware section
of www.pda-soft.de.

> So, I charged the batteries with an
> external charger and put them back into the MP2K ... Oooops, nothing :-o
> Ordinary batteries work just fine, but I'd really like not to have to
> buy batteries all the time.

If ordinary batts work ok, it must be your rechargeables. If you can get
your hands on a voltmeter for a minute, recharge them in the external
charger and measure their voltages, they should be at least 1.2 volts.
Most likely one or more will be significantly lower.

Frank