Re: [NTLK] Ian is riding a taste sensation...

From: Sean Luke (sean_at_cs.gmu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 11:16:16 EST

On Sunday, November 25, 2001, at 11:16 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> On 11/25/01, Sean Luke quoth:
>> A while back I posted a call for proposals for Java applet games that
>> might be fun to port to Waba. I got exactly two responses, one of
>> which
>> I implemented (SameGame).
>
> So I'm guessing I shouldn't hold my breath for the Z interpreter.
>
> ahhh well...

I've been giving some thought to that actually. The primary issue is
how to get the Z machine bytecode loaded into Waba: dunno if we'll have
enough space. And which machine to use? The Zplet project (see
SourceForge) looks promising, though I'm not positive how we'll be able
to handle the redraw issues -- redraw will be slow, especially if we
want to make it portable.

Sean