Re: [NTLK] 16MB Flash Card

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 22:20:33 EST

on 24/11/01 20:25, Corey Klass at cklass_at_multiplan.com wrote:

> I bought a couple of new 16MB Intel Series2+ 16MB flash card a month or so
> ago, and I've recently begun receiving -10557 errors when I try to
> write/delete any packages on either card with my upgraded MP2K (to 2100). I
> know this error is a VPP error, but I'm wondering why it only begins
> appearing when I reach a certain amount of space used. I can run programs,
> view books, etc., as long as nothing is written, and I have a "genuine" 2MB
> card that I've filled to capacity without having any problems.
>
> I've tried wiping the 2 16MB cards clean and starting from scratch, but
> after filling up about 2MB of either one, I begin receiving the same error.
> I remember reading a little bit ago that there are incompatibilies with
> certain 16MB cards from Intel, but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this,
> has a workaround, or if I should just chuck them.

If I'm not mistaken, that error number means that the cards are getting to
the end of their useful life. Do you know where they were used before you
got them?

-Laurent.

bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous. Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England) `bozoish'.