[NTLK] Re - BTI battery pack

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 06:48:36 EST

>I have in my possession a BTI battery pack that used to come with their
>carrying case. The battery pack is an external pack, and the charger that
>came with is is a 9 volt, 200 mA DC power supply. The battery has long
since
>died, and I had forgotten I had it. I found it today, and was wondering, is
>it safe to use this power supply, hooked directly to the Newton, or is it
>safe only to recharge the BTI battery pack?

Do not put any battery pack or tray with a total voltage of more than 6
volts into the Newton. Whatever you plug into the ac adapter port, make sure
the voltage is equal to or less than 7.5 volts.

>I'm getting tired of purchasing Duracells, and as the weather gets
>colder, recharging my batteries in my car is getting to be not feasible.
:-)

Well, you needn't necessarily spend the night in the car to keep them
company while charging? In my experience watching batteries charge is as
interesting as <insert your personal definition of "utterly boring" here>.

Just kidding...

Frank