[NTLK] Newton Dreams

From: Dave's Newton (davesnewton_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 08:15:00 EST

Hi there,

I've heard one dream out there (the SSL one). What are other people's
unfulfilled dreams for the Newton?

I'll start the ball rolling:

#1 -> COLOUR!!! That is my absolute top of the list Newton dream. I
remember reading once that there was a colour Newt roaming around the
darker areas of Apple at some stage, but I'm sure NDA's prevent anyone
from confirming / denying this. :)

#2 -> A Newton emulator for the PC. I don't really know why? I just love
the Newton's "instant on" OS. I know it wouldn't be that on the PC, but
I'm just into quirky things like that. I think overall the Newton OS is
one of the best I've ever used (in the context of what an OS is trying to
acheive on it's target platform). My brother was showing me his iPaq the
other day (I'd never seen one before) and after two minutes of seeing it,
I was thinking "seen it all before and 1000 times better".

Look forward to hearing others...

Dave.

Sent from the Newton