Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]screen protectors

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 22:21:40 EST

On Wednesday, November 21, 2001, at 04:52 PM, greenguy wrote:

> Since getting my 2100 I've been debating weather I should use screen
> protectors. There was one left in a package I received with Newt but I
> had
> such a difficult time installing it I gave up until I saw somewhere on
> the
> list that people were using transparencies to make them. I tried this
> and it
> worked fine for about a month or two but now after spending a couple of
> hours trying to replace it I'm wondering again if its worth it.

It is most definitely worth it. I went about using my Newton for normal
everyday usage without a screen protector, and never noticed how much
damage the stylus that came with the newton can cause. My Newton screen
got visibly warn down in 2 places:

1. showing everyone who wanted to see, the number I used to use for my
password.

2. the bottom left corner where x-word buddy has me put the answers to
the puzzle.

I will never use my Newton without protection again.

Loren