Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]screen protectors

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 20:07:39 EST

I assume you are using one of our NuShields. If you're having difficulty
installing them, please contact me directly. We will help you walk
through it. Once you get the hang of it, installation is trivial. If
you need installation instructions, we will be happy to provide them for
you. We are redoing our web site and we hope to post PDF's of
instructions for download. Please note that transparencies are cheap,
but they are difficult to construct as you have discovered and they will
not last very long, so you'll be making lots of them.

As for dirt and grit, you should always clean your Newton screen with a
damp (NOT WET) cloth that doesn't leave lint. A paper towel works well.
Be sure to get the dirt in all the sides and especially corners. You
should also clean the NuShields before installation as well. Since they
are highly solvent resistant, you can use any household cleaner (Window
cleaners work well) that leave no residue.

>Since getting my 2100 I've been debating weather I should use screen
>protectors. There was one left in a package I received with Newt but I had
>such a difficult time installing it I gave up until I saw somewhere on the
>list that people were using transparencies to make them. I tried this and it
>worked fine for about a month or two but now after spending a couple of
>hours trying to replace it I'm wondering again if its worth it.
>
>It seems almost impossible to install without getting some little piece of
>grit caught between the screen and the protector.
>
>I use my newt daily but lightly.
>
>can I have some opinions?

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com