Re: [NTLK] why not split the list?

From: Matthew Robinson (matthew_at_crescent.org.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 07:41:25 EST

Folks,
        I have a possible solution! Create individual lists for:

OMP
110
120
130
2x00
emate
off-topic

and let people subscribe to them as required. At the same time leave
'newtontalk' alone but make is a 'superset' of the others - ie you post to OMP
and it will actually go to OMP and newtontalk. the reply-to's should make
return postings work ok. This will take some setting up!!!

This will probably mess up somewhere along the way when an answer gets posted
to the wrong list!

Oh, I'm actually in favour of just living with the ONE list we have now - but
I see other people's points of view on this. I'm lucky, I have adsl at home
and a big network at work so bandwidth isn't a problem.

Kind regards

Matthew