Re: [NTLK] [OT] Checking in / iPod Comments... SORRY

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 09:54:06 EST

on 11/13/01 10:20 PM, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On 13 Nov 2001, R Pickett wrote:
>
>>> Why do you think that people
>>> want to reply to the original sender automatically?
>>
>> Because that's what the reply button is supposed to do -- reply to
>> sender. It works that way on every mail I receive -except- mail from
>> NTLK. NTLK breaks the UI of my mailer. It's like an HTML page that
>> makes visited links blue and unvisited links red -- it's not just
>> nonstandard, it's the opposite of the standard.
>
> Okay, fine, I'm going to jump into this.
>
> Right now, this list is set to preserve the sender's address in the From:
> header, set Reply-To: to the list posting address, and set the To: to the
> list address.

And I think that this is fine like it is (for myself, at least)...

-Laurent.

finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.