Re: [NTLK] Plastic over infrared port

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 16:42:22 EST

>I'll check into that as well. But there is another problem. How do I get
>it off the replacement machine without damaging it? And I am now hesitant

When you have the two halves of the MP apart, the IR shield just falls out.
There's nothing holding it in except the case.

If you've not taken apart a 120 before, be aware that one corner (forget
which) you are supposed to leave the screw in, and you pivot one of the
halves of the MP on that corner to expose the innards, IIRC. You don't
undo all the screws and then lift the two halves separate. At least, I
think it was my MP120 that I figured this out the hard way :)

There's pictures of how to do this (take apart MP1x0) on the web.
Somewhere. Perhaps related to: how to repair the MP130 power switch? or
similar- I forget. A google search should still turn it up if you play a
little.

HTH.