Re: [NTLK] D-Link 660 Mac driver

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 01:20:15 EST

on 12/11/01 22:11, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>

>> on 10/11/01 15:14, Roman Tarnovetsky at romantic_at_arvotek.net wrote:
>>

>>> Victor replied: "I can tell you that the DE-660 is an NE2000
>>> compatable card - so if you find a generic NE2000 PCMCIA driver for
>>> MacOS, it should work"
>>> Thank you Victor,
>>> It helps a great deal when one knows what to look for..Roman
>>>

>> Specially to Victor:
>>
>> If you know that a specific Ethernet card would be compatible with the
>> NE2000 driver and that the only modification to do would be to recognize the
>> card by adapting the product and appropriate strings in the Newton package
>> that is used to include the C++ code for the driver, then if any user with
>> such a card would run the GetCardInfo package and email me the resulting
>> Notepad note, I believe I could easily create a specific package for that
>> card. That driver could then be uploaded in the Ethernet section on chuma.
>> What say you, Victor (and others with possible Ethernet card candidates)?
>
> Specially to Laurent:
>
> I have a Universal NE2k driver from Paul. I'm supposed to be writing an
> interface for it to allow people to register/deregister cards for it.
> Unfortunately, I have no time. If you could do it, I'll okay it with Paul
> and then send you the source and some notes on how to interface with it.

If, and I say "if" it doesn't require too much time, then sure I'd be
willing to give it a try. I'm just a bit extra cautious because I find it
hard to reserve time to work on the Wavelan driver, so if it's something I
think I can do in one or 2 evenings, than OK (if it's OK with Paul).

-Laurent.

dangling pointer n.: [common] A reference that doesn't actually lead anywhere (in C and some other languages, a pointer that doesn't actually point at anything valid). Usually this happens because it formerly pointed to something that has moved or disappeared. Used as jargon in a generalization of its techspeak meaning; for example, a local phone number for a person who has since moved to the other coast is a dangling pointer. Compare dead link.