Re: [NTLK] [OT] Phone charges...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 12:22:51 EST

>>In a message dated 11/11/01 12:44:29 AM, Sushi wrote:
>>
>>In the states, we are spoiled with free local telephone
>>calls -- most places in the world, local calls are not
>>free.
>
>On 11/11/01 @ 10:05 PM, Rich of ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com wrote:
>
>Mine are not free.
>
>I pay 34 dollars amonth for being connected and that
>includes 400 local min. over that and I get Billed.

Rich, couldn't find you one the map. Where are you?

BTW, what is your charge per minute over the 400 local minutes that are
included?

When calling long distance, depending on the location in Japan, I've
found that it is cheaper to call by cell phone than to use a landline.
Plus using a cell phone is easier, though much slower with the setup that
I use. I only connect at 9600. But for ASCII text mail with no
attachments, it's fast enough.

Speaking of which, having ADSL or Cable can be a bad thing too.
Especially when you forget which friends don't have it and you send them
a few files in the MB range. Ouch!

>Nothing is free just written and billed in a diferent
>manner ;-)

Good point! :-)

I guess what your are saying, we are going to pay one way or another!

Woo, looking forward to that beer? ;-)

Of course it will cost me a plane ticket to LA to get it, right?! :-o

Sushi