[NTLK] [OT] Phone charges...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 00:40:54 EST

>On 11/11/01 @ 11:11 AM, Woo Lee wrote:
>
>Whoops! How many are paying by the minute?

I used to. It was 10 yen per three minutes, until recently it dropped to
9. That is unless you wanted to be on the net between 11PM and 8AM. It
was a little cheaper then.

I was averaging about $120/month in phone bills (for local calls). I use
another provider for long distance.

I have ADSL now, so luckily it's not an issue.

And my phone bill has dropped dramatically! :-D

However, before when I was paying, I didn't mind. A hundred NTLK
messages download in a fraction of the time it takes for a file to
download in most cases.

In the states, we are spoiled with free local telephone calls -- most
places in the world, local calls are not free.

>Sorry, anytime you're in LA, I'll buy a round or two or three or...

Deal! :-)

No worries about the download time.

Sure some off topic comments were way out there. But heck, isn't this a
community? A community that is drawn together based on our love/use of
Newton devices.

You know, in all of the communities that I've belonged to, you have
diverse folks and opinions -- and that is good. It gives the community
flavor.

Anyhow, keep 'em coming...

Sushi