Re: [NTLK] Handler Type for .pkg files?

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:37:38 EST

> From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
>
> But hey...if/when Newt's Cape supports gzip in the
> browser, my server automatically compresses all files
> it sends. Real fast and real sweet!
>
> But, alas, not the LOTR packages...these reside on an
> NT4.0 machine that doesn't have server IIS compression
> turned on...

I thought I would try adding some code to Newt's Cape to send server
  Accept-Encoding: deflate
(once that worked, then I'd look at gzip, which is pretty similar,
but might need more support from Paul)

I too have a handy IIS server on my local home network, but it ignores the
encoding. do you know how to turn on the compression? (that would allow me
crash and burn more quickly and privately).

if not, anyone know of a few public URLs for sites that you know definitely
have compression (esp. deflate) turned on (probably newer Apache servers);

in the meanwhile, you could manually Zip the .pkg (using deflate method) and
people could download the .zip file and extract with Unzip plugin.

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com