Re: [NTLK] Newton really the best PDA anymore?

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 10:08:40 EST

I got an IPAQ (almost said iPaq in true Apple form) from work. I have
played with it a little, but only a little. Sure, it's great that it's
color and can play MP3's but generally, I prefer the user experience of the
Newton. For me, with a few add-on packages, the Newton OS is perfectly
designed. I can easily get to anything I need.

I also prefer the large screen size for both reading e-books and doing the
crossword puzzle.

And the newton's HWR is still the best there is.

However, maybe next week I will try to carry the IPAQ around with me
wherever I go, and give it a real workout. But I am pretty sure that even
after I get more used to it, I will still prefer the Newton OS.

Loren