Re: [NTLK] Newton really the best PDA anymore?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 08:05:02 EST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton really the best PDA anymore?
From: Loren Finkelstein <Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net>

>I got an IPAQ (almost said iPaq in true Apple form) from work. I have
>played with it a little, but only a little. Sure, it's great that it's

As an anecdote, I'm always amazed how a lot of companies try to
copy/emulate Apple. One example was with the "Performa" line of
computers, almost immediately IBM had "Aptiva" (note the "a" at the end)
and Compaq had "Contura".
This just brings me to the fact that when the iMac was introduced - well
before the iPaq - Apple had a free "goodie box" to buyers. The box's
name - the iPac!!

--

Mark Rollins mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com