[NTLK] A few real Newton questions...

From: NDCHEG1_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 18:09:05 EST

Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote...
<<Partly why I kicked myself in the but, so don't worry, I'll stay, and make a
real nuisance out of myself ;-)>>

First off, glad you are staying. I felt like leaving too and am glad the noise has gone down. Give 'em hell when it gets too childish again.

Any way digest version can list all the message subjects? Many get missed at top, and when things get too off topic, it's our only way of seeing if there's noise, or an important ATA update, or waba, or whatever. (Paul.. take care of school and self.. we'll be waiting when you get back to us!)

1) Now for the question, I had a "jaggies" problem right after the ChiNUG met months and months ago (anyone up for another one, it's been a while?) and had to do a total brain wipe. Ended up being a corrupted soup in names. After multiple brain wipes and reinstalls, I narrowed down the bad soup to a few new ones, and just re-entered those manually.
Now for my problem, I just noticed my dates don't have B-day's in them from names anymore. When I reinstalled all those names after the brain wipe, I think I hit the (no) on the slip asking if I wanted to add new Bdays to calendar. I was wiping and reinstalling so many times, I got frustrated and was bypassing some steps while testing to see if problem went away. Well, now I want to add those dates. Anyone know how to add them after the fact when they are alreayd in the names?

2) Small Mac question (I'm SO sorry for going off topic). Running 9.1 with a G3 upgrade card in L2 cache slot on a Mac 4400. Also have a Firewire / USB card. I know it's a frankenstein machine, and I need a new one. After remodeling the bathroom, I'll save up the cash. But CD Rom doesn't want to mount CD's onto desktop. I can start up on a CD, and ran disk doctor, so it's not hardware issue. I think it's a quicktime extension giving me problems, but can't nail it down. So now I can't burn CD's anymore on my new Iomega firewire drive, because can't read the music CD's.

;-( Any experience or ideas?

3) Janeway! Only one of the captains could go through a nasty battle with all sorts of bad guys, and when it's all over and done with fling her head back and immediately have flawless hair. Diva to the end, she gets my vote! As for Enterprise, since when have Vulcan's been sexy and had figures like THAT?! That new Engineer however....

JD