Re: [NTLK] New Appletalk zone has zapped me

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 16:15:04 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 11/8/01 3:55 PM, the entity known as R Pickett
at emerson_at_hayseed.net conveyed the following:

> So, even if this is just a 100K
> blat from the Mac

See, I'm figuring that the info broadcast by an Appletalk device would be a
tiny fraction of one K (not 100K). If I do a "Get Info" in the Appletalk
control panel, I see that ALL the info to specify a Mac's address is
displayed in what looks to be about 10 bytes. Even with some additional
info and any 'wrappers' that's still way under one K.

What do you think is being sent that would need 100K? (I realize this was
just a guesstimate on your part, but you must have had a reason in the back
of your mind to base the order of magnitude on.)

- Eric.