Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 01:41:23 EST

on 07/11/01 19:13, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I see what you mean. I am not sticking by it because it is the Newton, but
> because it works best for me and I like it for that. I am a Mac user, and
> a lot of people see me with a Newton and think that I am simply using it
> because it is an Apple product. That was what I interpreted that to mean.
> The company has failed to deliver, but the equipment still delivers.
>
>> on 11/7/01 3:50 PM, James Elliott at rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hear hear! Wise words. I couldn't agree more.

>> Isn't what everybody *HERE* is trying to do by continuing to use their
>> Newton????????

Ah, but, I'm not sure, but would think that every Macintosh or Apple's user
is using one of their product because it's the easiest, nicest, most
pleasant way to get the job done in a record time. At least for me, that's
what brought me to the platform. "For the rest of us". That says it all.
When I initially saw how easy I could perform all those tasks on a computer,
I was sold. Sure, Windows has catched up a bit, but when you've been using a
Mac for a serious amount of time, you realize how pitiful the Windows
attempt is, even if it looks on par with the Mac OS, and makes all those
drone clones look almost like a Macintosh. But, they are not!

-Laurent.

evil and rude adj.: Both evil and rude, but with the additional connotation that the rudeness was due to malice rather than incompetence. Thus, for example: Microsoft's Windows NT is evil because it's a competent implementation of a bad design; it's rude because it's gratuitously incompatible with Unix in places where compatibility would have been as easy and effective to do; but it's evil and rude because the incompatibilities are apparently there not to fix design bugs in Unix but rather to lock hapless customers and developers into the Microsoft way. Hackish evil and rude is close to the mainstream sense of `evil'.