Re: [NTLK] More off-topic fun!  Kirk or Picard?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:55:50 EST

on 11/7/01 6:08 PM, Bill davis newton at newton_at_mail.ecity.net wrote:

>> For my part, I'd prefer a closer look at that 1st officer over those
>> PADDs
>> without any hesitation!!!
>>

> Ok, check out www.maxim.com, search for "Jolene Blalock" (or is it
> Blaylock....)

Hmmm, www.maxim.com takes me to a pharmaceutical site. Any other idea? I
feel I'm getting onto something here...

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with
evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do
boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all
COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker
will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom
uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is
Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the
mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."
(from "Selected Writings on Computing: A Personal Perspective") See also
fear and loathing, software rot.