Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 15:47:31 EST

on 11/7/01 2:55 PM, Steven M. Scotten at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:
[snip!]
> It really shows the prejudice of some people on this list, whom I
> respected tremendously before this thread, that if I had said that
> sometimes using a pen and paper or paint and canvas was the way to get
> something accomplished would likeley agree, but as soon as we start
> talking about a competitor to the brand they bought, they get all
> hissy.
[snip!]

After you've been hit on the head many many times because you want to
support diversity and don't want to walk in the same direction than
everybody else, you kinda develop defensive systems that kick into action
pretty quickly. Sorry about that, but I've been bitched more than I care to
remember because I did support something that is not mainstream and I'm sic=
of it, so now everytime the discussion turns on platform choice, I just ste=
in and hit as hard as I can, since that=B9s what Mac users have been enduring
for years...

Sorry about that... But I still stand by what I've said and will say it
again whenever the occasion present itself.

-Laurent.
--=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com Washington, DC, USA
code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable t=
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. =
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, o=
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask m=
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."=20