Re: [NTLK] New Sharp PDA

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 09:06:10 EST

>On 11/6/01 @ 10:50 PM, Laurent Domenech wrote:
>
>Here's a quick description of the new Linux/Java Sharp
>PDA. Plenty of ports/slots (including an headset port),
>sliding keyboard and an open OS. Pretty interesting
>platform IMHO.
>
>http://developer.sharpsec.com/

Evaluated the Japanese version 2-3 months ago.

Initially I was excited.

It looks cool, seems like it has a lot of nice features. In Japan,
wireless is really being pushed. DoCoMo and others have CF sized
wireless modems available.

Upon playing with it, however, I came away somewhat disappointed. In
actual use, many of the features, such as the keyboard, aren't easy to
use and it's location when holding the device, is a bit awkward.

And, after being spoiled with the Newt OS, and after using the Palm OS
extensively for the past almost three years, it just isn't there yet.
Then again, mabye my expectations are too high.

I'd be curious to hear anyone elses impression.

Sushi