Re: [NTLK] Dongle Port Broken

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 23:29:59 EST

On 11/5/01, Laurent Daudelin quoth:
>on 05/11/01 17:30, Zander Goss at zandergoss_at_marmothall.net wrote:
>will an Apple ImageWriter II printer work with Newton?
>
>I don't know finally if the ImageWriter would work with a Newton. I don't
>recall having read or heard anybody using it.

according to this apple doc:

It won't.

Now a difficult part of me says that you could use an old Toshiba
dot-matrix driver from the Apple print pack, since they use the same
driver and mechanism, but you'd have to figure out how to go from a
serial to a parallel back to a serial interface. It would be that
much easier to get an old StyleWriter and use the built in driver.

So the short answer is no.

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com