Re: [NTLK] Platform crap...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 22:54:54 EST

on 04/11/01 00:44, The Compulsive Splicer at splicer_at_paroxysm.com wrote:

> For what it's worth, the Quadra had its hard drives hanging off the
> Nubus (is that right?)

NO, that's not right! All Macintosh that had native SCSI controllers had
those controllers onto the motherboard. I don't know what was hanging off
the Nubus (that could explain a lot of problems), but that couldn't be the
SCSI bus!

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1) choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally, to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."