[NTLK] Newbie questions

From: Francis Augusto Medeiros (francismedeiros_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 09:37:01 EST

Hi there folks!

My name is Francis, and I live in Brazil.

I'm thinking about buying a Newton 2000 from someone I know, and I'd=20
like some advice from you:

1 - Is Newton recommended for writing and reading e-mails on the road? I=20=

tried Palm, but that was just too small and unconfortable. People said=20=

wonders about Newton's excellent writing recognition, but is a keyboard=20=

a must for that, and also for writing some texts on the road?

2 - Is there any case of success to connect the Newton to the internet=20=

via infrared and a mobile phone? I've got a Nokia 7160, it probably=20
would work with the cable I have, but I wonder if that can be done via=20=

infrared, as I wanna get rid of the 7160 (way too big) in favour of a=20
3320 (which only got infrared, no cable).

I'd appreciate any comments from you regarding these stuff.

Sincerely yours,

Francis