[NTLK] Newted Community Site Downtime

From: Grant [Snacking Lots] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 20:21:10 EST

Attention users of the Newted Community web site:

The Newted Community server runs on a Cobalt Qube 2. After paying a visit
to the Cobalt support site a while ago, I discovered that the Qube is 13
patches and a major OS update behind the times. Oops.

Downloading and applying these patches is a fairly straight forward
process, but the last time a major update was applied, all of the user
passwords expired. Ugh. I certainly don't expect that to be the case this
time around. However, should something end up not working the way it was,
please let me know about it.

In the meantime, since I have to reboot the server after each of the
updates or patches is applied, the Newted site and its services (such as
email) may be unavailable for short periods of time throughout the
remainder of the weekend.

Updated information and project status will be posted to the Newted
Community home page.

     http://newted.dyndns.org/

Thanks in advance for your patience. Wish me luck.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/