Re: [NTLK] Recommendations regarding MP2000 <> Windows PIM sync?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 13:16:06 EST

>On 11/3/01 @ 3:03 AM, John M. Powell wrote:
>
>I've got Outlink and Lookout - supposedly they both sync
>to Outlook2000 but I've had mixed results.
>
>And with the additional info I can store in the Newton,
>it's just gotten to the point where syncing is no longer
>feasible. As soon as I have some spare cash, I'm gonna
>have to pick up a spare 2100 as it's become such an
>intregal (sp?) part of my life.

Thanks for the info John.

I was considering using Outlink and LookOut after ooW suggested it. But
I was concerned, because I too use Newt features that don't seem to be
supported with Outlook, or any other desktop software for that matter.

So I too went the spare 2100 route. Currently I do complete backups once
per day -- or at least I try to. I back up about 20MB in 10 minutes via
Ethernet.

Now if I loose my Newt, I just can restore from my backup file on the
computer to the backup Newt. Simple. Data is secure. And I am back in
business very quickly.

Sushi