[NTLK] How to add airports to new cities, solved

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 13:57:33 EST

I was finally brave enough to mess with my Cities soup...

WHY: I use FlightRecorder v1.5 by SilverWARE to input my flight info into
Dates - this automatically changes my location when I arrive, and allows
quick input of relevant info. But... it uses the airport slot info in the
Cities soup to indicate your arrival airport. When you add a new City to
TimeZones, there is no way to indicate what the airport codes are, so the
new city has no airport slot.

HOW: - I used SBM Utilities to open the Cities soup on Internal.
- I added the slot 'airport' (lower case, no quotes)
- I changed the slot contents from NIL to "XXX" (where XXX is the three
letter airport identifier, and include the double quotes)

Done - and FlightRecorder can now see the city has an airport. For multiple
airports, alter the slot contents to the string "XXX,YYY" (no space after
the comma) -- this gives FlightRecorder the option to specify which airport
you will arrive at/depart from.

Hope this helps someone else!

Paul F.