Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) PKGs for download

From: Michael C. Wittmann (wittmannmichael_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 13:07:31 EST

I haven't opened them yet (and in case issues about ownership arise, I've
got 3 copies, and have read them every year for nearly 20 years, call me
weird), but can add some votes in here:

Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> For the
> split books, I can create them in Paperback which will
> allow you to change the font.

I generally like Paperback more than Press, and you can do a sort of
indexing there, too. By putting something like "::" (double colon) in front
of each heading you've got, you can tell Paperback to create subject
headings based on the line indicator that you pick. These are then available
from the overview (belly)button. Also, with the slide on the bottom, you can
do a bit of a random attempt at getting to the point you wanted.

Of course, you can't mark it up, you can't bookmark it, and so on. But
having two versions, Paperback and Press, would be kinda nice.

--
Michael
wittmannmichael_at_mac.com