Re: [NTLK] ID in backup [Was: Re: Help]

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 07:14:58 PDT

>I'd be very surprised. This is hardware information, so, unless some
>application did read that information and saved it in some soup, it is
>unlikely to be in one of your backup.

NewtonID does this.
Now, it's very probably not that easy to retrieve on a desktop
computer. Reminds me when I extracted my security pin (which is DES
encoded) from old backups and then cracked it because it happened to
be the pin of one of my credit cards ;)

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/