Re: [NTLK] Newton PC Connection Cable

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 08:21:56 PDT

on 25/06/01 07:59, Michaela Price at fantasticmrsfox_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Hi all, nice to see the digest up and running again.
>
> I am looking for a Connection Cable so I can attach my
> Newton to my PC. I have looked at the instructions on
> how to make one at the oldschool.net site but I don't
> feel confident enough to do it.
>
> Does anyone know where I could get one does not matter
> if it is second-hand. I have looked a eBay but they
> are few and far between.

Places like MicroCenter and CompUSA might have those.

I also did a little search on Google for "DIN8 serial cable".

The cable you need is like the one in the following link:

<http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/iec/L1537>

You might be able to find one somewhere else. The things to remember are
that it needs to be a serial cable, not a modem; one end must be a male
DIN-8 plug and the other end must be a female DB-9 plug.

-Laurent.