[NTLK] My SER-001 experience

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 20:24:54 PDT

My SER-001 arrived on Friday, but I wasn't around to install it until
tonight (it was tough waiting, I know).

Anyways, the hardest part of the process was opening up the &%^*&(^$ 2100
case. I'd done this once before, but I forgot how damn tough the clips by
the power switch/IR port were. If you have problems, I highly suggest you
consult the description of how to take the cover off on This Ol' Newt (via
the Hints & Tips page) - it gave me a few pointers on how to get the darn
thing open.

Also, some people mentioned that they needed to exert a lot of force on
the connector to seat the pins. I didn't find it *that* tough - I just
exerted constant pressure for a little while and it popped right in.

David: thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!