[NTLK] O'Neil printer drivers

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 20:14:33 PDT

From the Newton Infrared FAQ
http://www.pobox.com/~davida/newton/ir-faq.html

"For earlier MessagePads (120 with OS 2.0 and 130), I am currently aware
of only one IR-printer option: the O'Neil Outback ASK IR printer (which
seems to be out of production), and the O'Neil driver from INSA Ltd
(whose website is gone). If anyone owning an OMP, 100, 110 or 120 with
OS 1.3 has access to the O'Neil Outback, it'd be great to verify that
this actually works. INSA Limited also announced Newton 2.x drivers for
several of the O'Neil range of ruggedised mobile printers which support
both serial and IrDA connections. Models supported are the microFlash 2,
microFlash 3 and 8i. Speed is reported to be under 60 seconds for a busy
8"x11" page (on the 8i) and under 15 seconds for the microFlash models.
INSA had also announced drivers for the Comtec range of printers. "
-----
So, does anyone have these drivers available? I'm curious as the O'Neil
or Comtek guts look like what could be in the SiPix IRDA thermal
printer, and I'd love to try printing on this printer.
I also remember an article about a year ago of a Japanese Web page that
discussed a release of a printer driver for a tiny (Casio?) thermal
printer, possibly similar to the SiPix printer.

--
"Life is like a box of chocolates."
  - Forrest Gump -
"Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory
gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back
is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable
whipped mint crap, that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing
else left to eat. Sure, once in a while you get a peanut butter cup or
an English toffee; but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. In
the end, you're left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened
jelly and teeth shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat
those, there's nothing left but an empty box of useless brown paper wrappers."
  - Cigarette Smoking Man - The X-Files
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com
www.mrollins.com