Re: [NTLK] Newted Community? -- The ftp area is a mess (sorry)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 12:03:13 PDT

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Felix Arndt wrote:

> I've been looking into the ftp area of Newted Community --
> http://newted.dyndns.org/ftp/Newton/
> -- and I have to say it:
>
> It's much less than cleverly built.
> I'd even doubt that person's knowledge, at least Mac-wise.

<snip>
> If somebody else is taking over that server, it is a very good opportunity
> to tidy things up a lot. (If possible.)

Well, you can just use UNNA instead :) The vast majority of files on UNNA
are uncompressed, so get PackType to change the creator codes. It's not
my fault Mac files are silly and not compatiable with the web... (puts on
the asbestos undies)

The Newted FTP archive will be merged into UNNA eventually. If there is
something important in Newted that you'd like to see in UNNA, just let me
know and I'll add it. Although with PN down for good, merging those files
might be higher on the priority list...