[NTLK] Working SER-001

From: Paul Zenk (pzenk_at_kc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 20:09:52 PDT

I purchased a SER-001 board from David Humphreys and installed it in
my Newton 2100. It works great. To confirm a connection with
Appletalk, I downloaded a package from NCU and printed a Notion list
to a network printer.

Installation was straight forward. David includes an instruction
sheet. Only two nervous moments. One was opening the 2100. I didn't
want to snap any of the closure points. The second was lining up the
pins into the connector. Getting the pins lined up and then pushing
the connector together took some time because you don't want to bend
any pins.

For details see: http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/mini-din.htm

Sorry I am not able to provide photos. I don't have the equipment.

Paul