Re: [NTLK] Emate stylii

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:13:06 PDT

On 6/19/01, Russell,Allen quoth:

>Using totally vague recollections, someone on the (old PN) NTLK shut down
>all conjecture by saying he had (??) bombarded it with x-rays (??) and
>plotted the scatter and proved that it was aluminum. He posted the
>absorption/reflection/whatever graph for all to see. I was never sure if he
>made it all up, but who was I to claim that?

Well, you got me, so I quick search of the net and my newton
documentation turned up... nothing. Now that I've conclusively proven
to myself Apple never once referred to it as being a Titanium stylus,
my entire theory is in doubt. So, where did that rumor start?

Now I'll have to scavenge up a spectroscope and recreate the experiment.

Unless anyone has further info...

later,

--
ben.