Re: [NTLK] Tough decision...sell my Newt? Buy a Palm

From: Drew Loker (lokerd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 12:13:05 PDT

Thanks for the feedback. Good comments.

I'll stick with my Newton for now. I am waiting on a new IMplant from Oliver
Harms, who has been very forthcoming in sending out two replacements now. I
am just really hoping it works. If I get the serial connection working, I
can get back to working on getting my Newt to sync.

Going back to a non-acceled Newt is not really a very good option. I love
the speed of my Newt and would rather just deal with it the way things are.
I have a coworker who I assisted in purchasing a Newton for. He switched to
the Palm Vx, but still loves and appreciates the Newton. He says he uses his
Newton next to his bed as a Journal.

From your comments and my rambling, I see that I my SOny serves what I need
to do for the software that is available on the Palm (it runs quick quotes
for insurance which the laptop does even better). I paid big bucks to get
this Sony 505. Actually, financial/investment hypos which is also part of
the company software avail on, the Newton does a LOT better with it's built
in "Formulas".

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback!

Drew