[NTLK] Emate speedup - was Implant troubles...can't turn of.

From: Stephanie Maks (steph_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 19:18:14 PDT

Hi All,

I recently over-clocked my eMate, and my MP2100. In both cases the cost was
< $10 or so. It's a hack, and not as pretty like the Implant. It's just a
simple matter of removing the 3.686 MHz crystal from the motherboard then
setting up a hardware switch to let you switch between a 3.686 MHz and a 5.0
MHz crystal. You need to use the 'normal' speed to use the serial port and
stuff, but otherwise can leave it sped-up for most everything else. The
real-time clock is unaffected. There's instructions out on the web to do it
to the MP2x00, doing the eMate is even easier due to all the free space
inside it. I'm really busy right now but am going to put instructions and
pix on my web site when I can, probably in July some time.

-Stephanie

See: http://sine.ath.cx/mpoc.html for the MP2x00 details.