[NTLK] iMac/eMate

From: eMate 300 01 Jurgen Mintert (mintert_at_planet.nl)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 10:14:00 EDT

Hi out there,
i will buy an iMac, BUT how to connect to the eMate??
As far as i can see, there is this ethernet connection, BUT the slot of an
eMate/MP130 can only hold one card, that means i could not backup my
memorycards---bad solution.
The other thing is this "bekin/keyspam/smirnoff" adapter, that could allow
an old fashion seriel/usb connection---BUT where are this things to buy ??
I worked about 16 years on my SE/30. I have to say goodby to a tool, that
NEVER let me down in all this years (exept that i never was able to
connect with appletalk) BUT there is this question that all my data has to
be moved to the iMac. As far as it is now, the iMac has no 1.4MB drive.
That could be walked around with this serial/usb ---BUT i never was able
to get appletalk running on my SE/30(yes, i have these appletalk cable).
So if there is a mercy soul out there that could give a dummy proof
solution to me in the direction of an existing www. or will write one, i
will be very thankful.
An other question is, should i spend my last money to buy a 1.4MB drive,
or should i spend it on a zip drive.

Til now i have this picture in front of me:
On the left side of my desk is an SE30-40SC
In the middle an eMate 300 AND an MP130
On the right side a new iMac DV Special Edition.

I need a bigger desk.
Paul Filmer, are you back home?

Regards
Jurgen Mintert